Business Analyst Data Management - Full Time Permanent Position in Whippany, NJ
Salary – Depends on your experience.
Great Benefits. Growth.
We are currently recruiting for a Pharma Commercial Data Management Business Analyst - Whippany NJ
- This role will be face of the to client stakeholders in the Pharmaceutical commercial operations space with specific focus on commercial data management. This is a techno-functional role.
- The consultant needs to have excellent understanding of pharmaceutical commercial operations and data management. The consultant should have worked directly with sales, marketing teams, commercial operations, management science, data management & IT teams to deliver and manage Business Intelligence solutions.
- Hands on experience in managing various pharmaceutical data sources (IMS, Symphony Health, ProMetrics, Walters Kluwers, Verispan, Milliman, DRG, ZS etc )
- Experience in managing pharma incentives compensation data is a big advantage
- Responsible for all aspects of BI solution implementation throughout the project life cycle including requirements gathering, design, creation of functional documentation specifications, ad-hoc reporting, production issues resolution, status meetings, testing, and implementation support.
- This role requires the ability to be flexible and operate both strategically and tactically. This individual will be responsible for proactive IT Business Intelligence projects leadership in defining effective, risk-based strategies, building collaborative partnerships across business domains and IT, and accomplishing streamlined delivery efforts while meeting project objectives as well as client business partner expectations.
- The individual will provide strategies for overall Business Intelligence approaches as well as testing strategies.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize and successfully complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with limited direction; desire & ability to guide technology teams
- Develops business requirements, assesses current BI capabilities, and makes recommendations for improvement. Provides analysis of existing data, requirements, design, development and BI deployments supporting various business initiatives and departments.
- Writes functional, user and design documentation including but not limited to new report specifications, design of dashboards, maintenance of existing subject areas and adherence to the standards. Ensures that documentation remains current.
- Ability to work closely with offshore delivery team and manage operational challenges. Work the balance between business needs and practical challenges of offshore teams.
- Identifies project scope and objectives. Manages cross-functional teams including third party vendors and other resources; coordinates activities to achieve goals.
- Ability to independently analyze data, data profiling, write SQL queries and get to the technical layer of data and perform impact analysis.
- 7 to10 + years. Consultants at this level should have executed strategy projects and have experience in managing end-to-end from strategy to build/operations across multiple clients.
- Preferred experience in Business Intelligence, Data Management, IT development, or Business Analyst, in a GxP-regulated pharmaceutical environment.
- Hands-on experience in managing pharmaceutical commercial data and supporting or working with Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing environments (Informatica, OBIEE, Cognos, Qlik, Tableau, BW,SAP tools)
- Managing system wide implementation of integrated business warehouse solutions
- Working across and with multi-functional global groups
- Project Management experience with medium to large sized
- Conceptual and practical knowledge of source/target data acquisition, data dimensions and facts, database architecture.
- Able to highlight issues/problems and convey complex thoughts, written and oral, in a clear, concise, and timely manner. Ability to present complex ideas and information in group settings.
- Experience in interacting with all levels of business staff and management.
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and proactively pursue incremental improvements.