CNC Machinist - Permanent - North Haven
North Haven, CT
- Planning machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, and engineering drawings; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Planning stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Setting up and operating mills and lathes
- Verifying settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards and customer specifications
- Maintaining specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintaining safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintaining equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Ensuring continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with CNC Machining
- Knowledge of CNC set up, operating, and programming required
- Ability to hold tolerances as close +/- .0002