Nashville, TN 06405
Leads all aspects of the company’s safety culture and creates awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates safety incidents and retrains staff and needed.
- Provides management of subcontractors and organization of the overall job and workflow.
- Manages and oversees company staff, subcontractors, suppliers and programs such as Safety, Quality and EEOC for a small project or a major portion of a larger project.
- Develops work plans for subcontractors and self-performed work.
- Coordinates and manages the care, custody and control of the project site.
- Leads various meetings including daily standup and weekly trade meetings.
- May be responsible for tracking and monitoring project budget and costs by using the project management system’s cost reports and data from the project manager.
- Communicates key project information to owners, design team, governing authorities, subcontractors, suppliers and other departments.
- Follows the project filing and documentation organization system as dictated for the project. Updates drawings, logs, diaries and inspection notebooks.
- Approves and/or records unit cost information for weekly reports and completes daily reports, logs and tracking reports.
- Evaluates progress on self-perform work and make adjustments as needed.
- Manages material and equipment needs for the project.
- Assists in the selection of the formwork, tools and equipment necessary to complete self-perform operations.
- Manages timecard approval process to ensure reporting of accurate hours and proper cost codes.
- Ensures quality compliance through use of specifications, setting quality standards, in–house QA/QC and outside resources.
- Supports the project closeouts by supervising pre-punch activities and coordinating activities with the owner, architect and governing authorities.
- Gains understanding of the project pursuit process and methodology.
- Participates with the field operations leadership and the project team to put together a project pre plan; implements, monitors and adjusts as needed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Partners with field leadership to establish field staffing for their assigned project.
- Partners with project management to identify schedule and costs associated with project changes.
- Participates in the negotiation process with the owner and architect to gain agreement for project changes.
- Participates with the project team in preparation and presentation for all project review meetings, including the monthly review process and other key project meetings.
- Participates in the project buy out meetings with subcontractors and vendors.
- Understands and applies the terms and conditions of the owner and subcontractor contracts for the project.
- In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Manages complex stand-alone or multiple projects from initial planning to completion.
- Manages project(s) with multiple superintendents.
- Influences and manages delivery results through others.
- Understands and executes relevant key strategic initiatives to support company strategy.
- Provides training and education to support company and/or region training initiatives.
- Engages in business, industry and community activities to build and strengthen external relationships.
- Takes a lead role with the project team in the project pursuit process.
- Collaborates with the marketing team on related presentations and marketing activities.
- Develops new business opportunities and generates future work by cultivating and maintaining long-term relationships with clients.
- 15+ Years construction experience
- 10+ Years field supervision experience
- 10+ Years experience managing projects .