The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations is an entrepreneurial, collaborative and experienced fundraising professional within the Office of Development and focused on corporate and foundation prospects and donors.
- Lead strategic efforts to develop and implement complex and multi-faceted fundraising strategies, solicitations and stewardship plans for an international portfolio of prominent foundations, leading corporate and venture fund philanthropists, and partners such as non-governmental organizations and public charities.
- Identify and prioritize mission-aligned institutional prospects and donors to engage and support research and programs.
- Build close working relationships with a wide variety of internal partners to successfully cultivate, solicit and steward external institutional donors. These partners will include scientific directors, scientists and principal investigators, Office of Sponsored Programs, Finance, Facilities, and Office of Translational Science and Network Alliances.
- Coordinate meetings and site visits with corporate and foundation leaders to promote research excellence and create collaborative funding opportunities.
- Provide overall direction and coordination when developing funding proposals.
- Work closely with scientific writers and serve as proposal editor.
- Forge and lead new approaches for successful stewardship and reporting to key philanthropic partners, including establishing internal mechanisms to track and engage scientific progress on an ongoing basis..
- Advanced degree required.
- 5+ years related experience working with corporate and foundation funders to support science and/or research-based organizations.