Cost Accountant - Full Time Perm - North Haven
North Haven, CT
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials
- Calculate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Validate the cost of goods as part of the month end close (establish and execute on month end procedures including oversight of WIP.)
- Revise the reserve for obsolete inventory as needed.
- Work with warehouse and management to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts.
- Report variances and their causes, including spending variances.
- Conduct process improvement as needed.
- Report on margins and support pricing discussion.
- Recommend changes in process and systems including ERP and Excel based systems.
- Support inventory Management strategies and discussion.
- Comply with all company policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as requested.
If you are interested in learning more about this position for our client, please send your resume.
mtoohey AT careersinct dot com
www dot careersinconnecticut dot com