· Handles the design and construction of scalable data analytics management systems, ensures that our data innovation solutions meet company scalability requirements, and researches new uses for data acquisition.
· Works with cross functional teams to design, implement, and document data architecture and data modelling solutions, which includes the use of multiple databases (i.e. relational, dimensional, and NoSQL) and which supports enterprise information management, business intelligence, machine learning, data science, and other strategic business objectives.
· Builds highly scalable, robust and fault-tolerant data management and processing systems (designs, develops, constructs, installs, tests and maintains) by integrating a variety of programming languages and tools and introducing new tools and technologies where relevant to increase efficiency
· Takes care of the ETL (Extract, Transform & Load) process. Discovers various opportunities for data acquisitions, explores new ways of using existing data and proposes ways to improve data quality, reliability, and efficiency of the whole system by experimenting new ways of working
· Ensures innovative architecture / data models meet all business requirements, reduce system complexity, increase efficiency, and reduce cost
· Designing Disaster Recovery Techniques ready for deployment and roll out
· Develops capability (self and others) to further our aim of developing an enterprise wide data solutions community of experts who create and document best practices and share innovation models and solutions
· BS/BA level degree considered an advantage (or significant relevant industry experience)
· Knowledge of the essentials of the industry such as data mining practices, algorithms, and how data can be used
· Strong technical experience across a range of data related tools and technologies such as SQL, VBA, Python, R, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Tableau, QlikView and PowerBI. Confident with Python or R, or similar programming languages
· 5+ years of experience in a digital/technical industry or role, with proven experience of managing complex technical initiatives to include change management at scale.
· Track record and detailed understanding of working with data storage, analytics, big data and supporting technologies,
· Able to understand a variety of business problems / issues and frame them into a data driven environment while working on a range of data delivery focussed projects
· Demonstrable understanding of data architecture, engineering (including warehousing and transformation) methodologies
· Track record of collaborative working, notably with an ability to gain credibility with team members and senior stakeholders; able to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members
If you are interested, please send resume to:
resume AT contractstaffingrecruiters dot com