Electrical Engineer (Jr to Sr Levels are open as well) - 75k to 105k plus bonus plus great culture
Rocky Hill, CT
- Responsible for overall electrical technical
content of a project using engineering formulas and skills for ensuring
safety and technical accuracy.
- Reviews design project for code compliance and
performs code research as required to comply with applicable State, Local
and Federal codes.
- Identifies and selects equipment from appropriate
manufacturing catalogs/websites for specific applications.
- Ability to perform on-site investigations and
surveys prior to design.
- Writes electrical specifications thru completion.
- Coordinates the contract documents between
engineering disciplines for and architectural details.
- Participates in coordination meetings with
- Provides technical support to contractors
- Prepares reports, opinions, and recommendations
for the approval of the Project Manager concerning the direction of the
- In depth knowledge of codes, including NEC, NFPA
72 and 101.
- Establishes time and hour budgets of electrical
- Provides cost estimates for electrical scope work
- Responsible for the technical accuracy of
- Ensures timely delivery of all completed
- Plans time of self and other electrical
engineers/designers to ensure project is completed on time, on budget and
is technically correct.
- Acts as technical advisor to junior staff
regarding project assignments.
- Performs design work using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Presents electrical design to owner/architect
- Ability to serve as a field engineer during
construction phase of a project.
- B.S. degree in electrical engineering with 5 years or more of MEP design firm related experience.
- Must be able to use AutoCAD and Revit, for drafting and design to complete a project.
- Strong oral and writing skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.