Controller - Full Time Permanent
The Controller will lead the Accounting department and oversee all accounting as detailed below:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but, are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Manage all aspects of Accounting: Financial Statements, General Ledger, Inventory, Fixed Assets, Cost, quarterly Bid & Proposal Rate Development, Billing, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Property & Real Estate Tax Filings, Audit Liaison, Procedure Documentation Ad Hoc Variance Analysis as required
- Prepare and organize Financial Statements for record and review
- Prepare and Oversee Journal Entries, Account Reconciliations. Ensure subsidiary systems balance to the General Ledger
- Responsible for Inventory (Finished Goods, WIP, Raw Materials) with emphasis on Control / Analysis / Reductions / Turns / Cycle Counts / Quarterly and Annual Counts
- Prepare Fixed Asset Requests, providing justification related to increased throughput or cost reduction.
- Perform Cost evaluation related to the manufacturing process including Make or Buy decisions
- Provide quarterly updates of D/L, O/H & G&A rates to sales for Sales bidding models
- G/L input and Review of weekly Payroll in cooperation with HR
- Oversee and direct, Accounts Receivable, Collections and Accounts Payable. Set credit terms with approval of the President
- Prepare Property Tax Filings, as necessary
- Source for External Audit requests both with Corporate and State Sales Tax
- Variance Analysis as needed
- Any other Duties or Projects as directed by the President