Product Design Engineer - 100% Remote - 125k plus
- Conduct qualatative and quantitative research to gain insights into local stakeholders, their practices, decision-making, pre-conceptions, etc.
- Create and execute research plans, or work with third party research agencies and/or freelancers where appropriate – to achieve results.
- Apply best practice when it comes to research governance processes, ethics, compliance, data protection and confidentiality agreements.
- Build and maintain a suite of research frameworks and methods that can be applied to research questions.
- Actively co-ordinate with Agoro’s other research activities (global and in other regions) to share learnings and techniques.
- Support value proposition development and experimentation through research.
- Specify the service experience at a holistic level, through e.g. customer journey mapping, and zoom into the detail through service blueprinting.
- Translate the findings and insights from design research and other research into tangible deliverables that create a shared understanding with the team and guide product development, e.g. personas and scenarios.
- Collaborate with other research teams in other countries to establish a toolkit of relevant service experience practice frameworks and practices, including co-creation workshops, prototyping, journey mapping etc.
- Closely co-ordinate design work with product owners, UX and interaction designers, as well as the wider Agoro team (engineers, agronomists, sales roles, content strategists, customer support, strategy/commercial, etc.) to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach.
What you will bring
- Significant demonstrable experience in planning, conducting, analyzing and communicating design research activities to digital teams and stakeholders.
- Real-world examples where you played the role of service designer, with experience across the spectrum from ‘discover’ to ‘deliver’. Start-up experience is a plus in this context.
- Experience thriving in high stakes product development industries, such as agriculture, health, or automotive, where product or service mistakes have dire social and financial consequences is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think high level strategically on the long-term vision, while also be able to execute tactically and deliver continuous value.
- Strong written, illustrative and verbal communication skills. You are able to clearly convey research findings, but also convince people of the importance of adopting a customer informed approach. Excellent note-taking and synthesis skills, with the ability to translate findings into key learnings for the team.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- The ability and experience to conduct both research and service design activities in remote conditions
- Business experience or a Masters degree in a business-related field is a plus.
- Experience working with start-ups or in innovation contexts is a plus.