Production Supervisor - Full Time Perm - Branford, CT
- Manage a team of hourly employees including machinists, assembly personnel and general laborers.
- Maintain appropriate levels of staffing for all departments. This includes screening and hiring new employees as needed.
- Coach and mentor team members. Respond immediately to the needs and concerns of employees providing them with the tools and facilities required to perform their jobs properly. Enforce company policy and take disciplinary action when needed.
- Coordinate daily production schedule with Operations Manager to ensure on-time delivery to customers.
- Coordinate all necessary maintenance and repairs on plant, machinery and equipment
- Purchase tooling, shop supplies and other consumables required for production. Manage and optimize tooling inventory and costs.
- Optimize programming and tooling on machines to reduce cycle times and increase output. Review routers and work orders to ensure accuracy
- Manage quality by enforcing the quality management system on the production floor. Hold employees accountable and reduce scrap/rework rate
- Minimum 7years experience working in CNC manufacturing environment. Machining experience required, knowledge of Mazak machines preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a supervisory role in manufacturing environment