This position is responsible for providing leadership in the Quality Control Department for an Aerospace Manufacturing Company. This includes supervising a group of employees (exempt and/or non-exempt). Directing all quality deployment functions to ensure conformance to all customer contractual and internal procedural requirements. Develops and enforces plantwide quality systems and interfaces with customers and vendors.
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of the plant QMS (Quality Management Systems)
- Liaison with Business Unit () quality leaders. Participate on weekly calls as the plant quality representative, ensuring compliance to corporate quality requirements
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to AS9100D (Aerospace Standard) and hosting annual Management Reviews with plant and management
- Responsible for partnering with management to drive and ensure that quality objectives for the plant are met
- Responsibility for Internal and External audit program including AS9100 Registrar, Nadcap, and customer audits as needed. Creates audit plans to assure all quality, inspection, and manufacturing requirements are in direct compliance to customer requirements and that accurate and adequate documents of compliance exist.
- Monthly reporting of key process indicators as required by AS9100 and implementing correction when metrics are not met
- Supervises an effective team; including planning and holding meetings, preparing and conducting performance appraisals as appropriate, managing staffing levels (including vacations, overtime and leaves of absences), assisting with career development (motivates, coaches and trains to acquire maximum quality, productivity, morale and cooperation), approving time and attendance, and prioritizing and making work assignments.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. Degree in Quality Systems, Manufacturing or Engineering preferred.
- ASQC (American Society for Quality Control) certification is preferred for this position
- Two – Five years manufacturing experience required.
- Ideal candidate will have Five plus years’ experience in quality control or engineering functions in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Audit experience is preferred.
- A minimum of one-year supervisory experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of ISO/AS and Nadcap special process requirements preferred.
If you are interested, please send resume to:
resume AT contractstaffingrecruiters dot com