Duties to this inspection function may include but are not limited to:
- Verify quality of parts related to all inspection / audit levels.
- Review customer supplied drawings and specifications to determine any critical dimensions.
- Complete any documentation required for conformance to customer specifications and / or internal procedures.
- Communicate non-conformances to respective managers or shift supervisors, determine necessity for and obtain signatures as required for completion of Nonconformance Reports.
- Responsibility of inspecting product and first articles; Miscalculations could result in substantial loss due to scrapped parts, which are unable to be salvaged or reworked and defective parts being shipped to the customer.
- Responsibility of performing First Piece inspections at any operation within the manufacturing facility as required.
- Cross-train on an as needed basis.
- Ability to use normal inspection instruments related to metal fabrication process such as calipers, gauges, rulers, scales and related hand tools) required.