The Lead DataOps & Automation Engineer will ensure that the Data Science and Data Engineering Chapters can build effective, reliable, scalable, and transparent data products. They will use leading-edge & cloud native services to ensure we can deploy, maintain, and monitor our products and services. They will be an expert in DataOps & DevOps and will use this knowledge to influence others in the Digital and Data Office. They will be responsible for choosing our operations tools and platforms and designing the frameworks and processes to support them.
Digital & Data Office SHARED MEASURES - Key measures will be against the programme milestones for delivery and budget as set out post initial programme planning.
Other measures will include:
· Setting the DevOps and DataOps Strategy for the Digital Office & Data Execution teams
· Successfully automating digital & data products, pipelines, and services
This role is both a technical, individual contributor and a people manager role. They will be strong influencer and communicator and will partner with other digital, data and technology teams to deliver. They will lead the Digital & Data Office in adopting cutting edge DevOps practices to improve how we build and deploy our digital and data products. They will inspire teams of data engineers and data scientists to continuously improve via fast and iterative delivery methods.
· Be excellent communicators who can motivate, engage and coordinate others.
· They will work with the chapters to ensure they are building their products securely, efficiently and effectively. They will ensure that all the chapters are following the same standards, processes and tools. They will need to influence the chapters (and chapter leads) to adopt these.
· Design our DataOps and DevOps Framework – a modular collection of reusable technologies that allow us to develop, deploy and monitor production grade data products.
· Represent the data science and data engineering chapters needs when assessing data platforms and services
· Lead a team of DataOps Engineers including staffing, development, and coaching
· Partner with the wider digital team to ensure that our DataOps frameworks are fit for purpose.
· Evaluate DevOps, DataOps and MLOps tooling and products
· Metrics-first mindset in order for the programs to succeed.
If Interested to learn more, please send resume to:
resume AT contractstaffingrecruiters dot com