Tax Accountant - Full Time - North Haven
North Haven, CT
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals and small businesses.
- Help taxpayers by using federal, state and local tax codes, to ensure, they receive maximum benefit and are protected from over payment of taxes, within the parameters of the law.
- Uncover potential deductions and credits.
- Create Financial Statements (P&Ls and Balance Sheets) for clients based on information provided by the clients.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of income and expenditures.
- Interview clients to get an accurate picture of their financial situation.
- Verify financial statements for accuracy, for those clients who provide their own P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Research tax law, and other pertinent resources.
- Prepare tax returns using tax software and E-File returns into the IRS.
If you are interested in learning more about this position for our client.
Please send your resume to this email and a recruiter will call you to discuss.